Monday, April 26, 2010

Paradigm Shift

Last Monday one of my friends and I went to visit Thimbles and Threads quilt shop in Draper, UT. Cathie (owner) has been busy, busy, busy updating most everything in the shop, an open house, getting ready for the shop hop in June, along with everything else she does. Now I'm busy, busy, busy (along with some of my other friends) making shop samples.....yes, I left the shop with lots of fabric for two quilt tops. This is the first one, from the current issue of McCall's, called Paradigm Shift. I really like the asymmetrical setting for this one.

Should something be called "work" if you really love doing it? I love making shop samples! It allows me to play with new fabrics, try new patterns or ideas, improve my piecing skills, and above all, use colors or textures that I normally might avoid.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

ChitterChatterDesigns said...

This is a beauty Bev! I have a big stack of black and whites that would work out wonderful for this project! I will have to find that magazine. Time to take another trip to Thimbles. I just love Cathie! I find myself going up just to visit her store. She is simply a delight to visit with! Thanks for sharing, I will look forward to seeing this one there. hugs,-Cori

marina said...

Lucky You!! I don't think I would ever bring home a pay packet. It would all be in fabric.
Your quilt looks gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

I love it, love it love it! This is the first chance I've had to catch up on my favorite blogs and what do I find but very kind words about the shop (thank you so much!) and the Paradigm quilt you just picked up fabrics for. Can't believe you finished it so quickly. You're an amazing lady. Now if I can only get it quilted as quickly as you pieced it.....