Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Kindle Case and More Little Bags




This little bag turned out so cute.  The pattern is from "The Quilt Company" and called "Three Pocket Tote".  It's actually made from a quilted square.  The trick is folding it origami style.  There is a center pocket and two flap pockets that button or velcro closed.  It can be almost any size depending on the size of your quilted square!  This one is about 8"x8 1/2" and the perfect size for a quick trip to the market.....or fabric store.





Here's another Sonoma Bag made for another grandgirl.  She picked out the colors and watched while her sister (younger) stitched all the strips for both bags together.















I just got a Kindle and had to have a pouch to protect it. The tutorial for this one showed up in my in-box from Tipnut.com the same day I was trying to figure out how to hide the lining seams.  The tutorial can be found on Junie Moon's blog .  The first photo is the back pocket and the second picture is the front.  Black velcro would have been so-o-o much better, but I needed it right then.  Thank you Junie!!!

4 comments:

marina said...

They are lovely little bags.
Good to see that the local council hasn't been made redundant by finishing the road behind your house!

Wendy said...

I love the bags! It would be big enough for me to take to the fabric store, but not to bring all my purchases home in!

Weatherbee ;) said...

Cute bags! Just adorable!!!

~Teresa ;)

WoolenSails said...

Beautiful bags and fabrics. I really want to try some, time to stop thinking and do it.

Debbie