Thursday, August 27, 2009

Fabric Dying

Yesterday was a beautiful, sunny day here in Utah, so four of us decided to spend it dying fabric. This is just a sampling of some of our creations! There must have been 15 colors to use and/or mix....whatever moved us! We used two different kinds of PFD fabric which is "prepared for dying". Of course, leave it to me to not know that I didn't have to wash it before using it, or even iron it since we would just wad it up and stick it into a baggie! But, let me just say that I'm really not that much of an air-head. When I bought the dying stuff and cloth, about 10+ yrs ago, I was on my own with trying things like that, with just a book for instruction. So, the dyes and "washed" pfd fabric were packed away when we moved out here. Thank goodness I finally found others who have a passion for trying new, or not so new, things to try. We even dyed some cotton yarn to maybe use in a future challenge. Check back to see what's next....one never knows.....just ask my family!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: