Monday, October 4, 2010

Road Update

I've had several people ask me for an update on the new road behind our house. After almost a year of problems, cars are actually able to drive on it! Most of the time.
Okay. Here's the latest as of this afternoon. Seems there is still a problem with water drainage! Last time I posted about the road it was all paved and ready to go....or so it seemed. Sure enough, something was just not right so they got the old jackhammers out and dug up a few spots through the brand new hot topped road. Did I not predict that that would happen? That was around the end of August. Since we are a desert climate, there is not much rain during the summer, but we have had a few storms. Yep, each time it rained out came the trucks and up came the man-hole covers.

This photo was taken right behind our house. It started raining about half an hour before they got here, but not really that hard. When they started the engine on this thing it sounded like my vacuum. Once it reached the bottom it sounded like my vacuum sucking up a spilled box of beads, only louder. You all know the sound of hard little things being vacuumed.

So, for now, it seems like it's mostly a go. I'll let you know if anything interesting happens. Oh! There are actually some speed limit signs up....so it must be officially declared a road.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: